Unexpected results …

It was a cold and foggy morning.  I’ve not taken pictures of fog … at least not simply because it was foggy … so I went through a bit of trial and error with the settings.  I used a variable ND filter so that I could work with long exposure times.  I was hoping for more traffic on the bridge to get light trails on the rise of the bridge out in the middle of the river.   The power plant across the river was not at all visible.  The only difference in the two exposures I posted is that the second one is 5 secs longer than the first.  Checking the display didn’t really show the exposure very well.  Most of the later shots I took looked fine on the camera’s display, but were overexposed when viewed on the computer.  The first one looked nearly black on the camera’s display screen; I was totally surprised when I saw it on the computer.   There was no visible blues or pinks in the scene as my eyes saw it.

Nikon D7100, 62 mm, 20 sec @ f / 36, ISO 100
Nikon D7100, 62 mm, 20 sec @ f / 36, ISO 100
Nikon D7100, 62 mm, 25 sec @ f / 36, ISO 100
Nikon D7100, 62 mm, 25 sec @ f / 36, ISO 100

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *